Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire
March 07, 2018, 9:30 am – 10:30 am
LassiterWare welcomes Amanda M. Conley who practices primarily in the area of workers’ compensation defense and was named Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017).
“The post-offer medical questionnaire (POMQ) is one of the employer’s best defense against rising costs. Health conditions like obesity, diabetes, and prior surgeries are contributing factors to workers’ compensation injuries and costs. The POMQ is as important as pre-employment substance testing and criminal background checks.” – Amanda M. Conley, Attorney at Law
In 45 minutes, Amanda will discuss:
- What is a post-offer medical questionnaire and why would you want to have one?
- Reducing workers’ compensation costs & ensuring employees are fit for duty
- Best practices for creating questionnaire
- Using the post-offer medical questionnaire effectively
- The ADA and the 3 stages of the hiring process – what can you ask and when can you ask it?
- ADA accommodation – what is reasonable?