Medical Marijuana Regulatory Update | Jeffry Branham, Esq. & Douglas Noah, Esq.
September 26, 2018, 12:00 am – 10:30 am
Does marijuana remain an illegal drug?
- How many states have legalized
- Medical marijuana?
- Recreational marijuana?
- Both medical and recreational marijuana?
- What is the difference between the two in the workplace?
- What are the common features of the State Marijuana Statues?
- Do employers in states that have legalized marijuana still permitted to conduct marijuana testing on employees?
- If an employee fails a drug test for marijuana, however, has a medical prescription, can the employer terminate employee or would that be considered discrimination?
- If a company has multi-state employees wherein some states have legalized medical and/or recreational use of marijuana and some do not, how does a company effectively manage this issue in the workplace and be in compliance?
- What should be included in the employee handbook/workplace policy regarding the legalization of the drug?
Speaker: Jeffry Branham
Esq. & Douglas Noah, Esq.